Imperial College London
For postgraduate students
- Providing input to Computer Science Masters and Ph.D. students for their projects.
Institute of Cancer Research (ICR), London
- Nextflow Workflow Programming - I organised and coordinated the course. This 3-day workshop equips participants with a grounding in developing standardised, reproducible, easy to maintain and deploy computational pipelines.
- Python Programming - I delivered the Python programming courses at both the Chelsea and Sutton sites. The course was designed specifically for researchers at the ICR (Institute of Cancer Research) and Royal Marsden hospital.
Royal Holloway University of London
For Taught MSc (MSc Datascience)
Undergraduate (BSc Computer Science)
- CS1801 Introduction to Java programming (with Dr. Pierre-Malo Deniélou, Nuno Barreiro)
- CS1820/CS2830 Java Robotics (with Prof. Dave Cohen)
- CS2844 Computer Graphics [assignment marking] (with Dr. Jackie Daykin)
- CS2855 Databases (with Prof. Iddo Tzameret)
- CS3110/CS5110 Bioinformatics - I delivered the guest lecture to Computer Science students. The talk focussed on Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) and Transcriptomics and briefly discussed cluster computing and the cloud for analysis of RNA-seq data.
- CloudTech'16 in Marrakech, Morocco - I ran a 2.5 hour workshop, including a talk. This focused on utilising distributed computing (Apache Spark) for Transcriptomics. The workshop covered the methodology and use of the Hercules framework (developed as part of my Ph.D.) --- a MapReduce algorithm for quantifying non-uniform gene expression.